Comprehensive Medical Care is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Front Desk Coordinator. We are a multi-specialty, outpatient rehabilitation practice located in Central New Jersey. Our office currently offers Orthopedic Surgery, Interventional Pain Management, Neurology, Chiropractic Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, and Acupuncture.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Organizing patient and provider schedules including patient follow-up for missed appointments.
- Clerical responsibilities, including sending/receiving/filing patient medical records; communicating with local clinics to obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Monitoring and answering phone lines and obtaining patient information/intake and ensuring their medical benefits cover services in question
- Use practice management software to match medical providers’ availability with patients’ preferences in terms of date and time.
- Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and complete and can be used to analyze patient/staffing patterns. Provides daily schedules to medical providers prior to each day’s visits.
- Update of the “Five Point Check-List” for evaluations, diagnostics, DME and rehabilitation and Schedule Office Hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of healthcare and medical practice protocols related to scheduling appointments.
- Knowledge of medical anatomy and physiology terminology is a plus.
- Adherence to HIPAA standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians/clinicians about scheduling preferences.
- Excellent communication skills for both in-person interactions and phone-based interactions.
- Ability to produce reports about appointment patterns as needed.
Salary & Benefits:
- $18.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Health, dental and vision
- 401K plan with employer contribution
- AFLAC benefits
An opening in Edison, NJ and Monroe, NJ